Subject: Re: Problems
To: Charles M. Hannum <mycroft@ai.mit.edu>
From: Alaric <reed@engr.orst.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/21/1995 18:02:58
On Sat, 21 Jan 1995, Charles M. Hannum wrote:

>    > problem by changing the bitmask used by the control port test -- it
>    > included bits like "paper out" which my printer apparently didn't allow
>    I get a paper-out error message whenever it's off-line (that is after I got
>    the port to be recognized by yanking the cable)
>
> Is this with 1.0 or with the -current driver?  I changed the probe
1.0,
Can I get the driver to work without having to install all of the -current
I don't have the time to compile the entire source tree.

> test a long time ago to only diddle one line on the control port.
>
> BTW, I just changed the error test to prefer `offline' over `out of
> paper', so it should give you right message now.

Alaric,           | Archery: A deeply seated hatred of paper with bright
Mka Brandon Reed  |  coloured circles printed on it.
reed@engr.orst.edu|
http://www.engr.orst.edu:80/~reed