Subject: Re: NetBSD/DOS on same disk...
To: bruceg <bruceg@susq.com>
From: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/20/1995 01:29:50
***quote-on****
I managed to get the os-bs135 boot manager working with

DOS-6.2x...........1
NetBSD-1.0.........2 # when I hit number 2 i get..
No operating system

I know it's there, I just installed it. I put it at cyl 410.
****quote-off****

FWIW, a friend of mine just installed 1.0 on a pentop i486, and it appears
that he had to disklabel -B every time he did any editing or writing to
the disklabel.  AFAIK, you shouldn't have to do this when -e{diting}, but
it got his system up.  I've been meaning to file this as a bug report of
some kind.  I believe it's reproducible, since it bit him twice :)
This is with a IDE drive, fwiw.
--
VaX#n8 (vak-sa-nate) - n, CS senior++ and Unix junkie - vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Just the vax-man.  Read my MIPS, no new VAXes!        - PGP key on request