Subject: a wedged emacs
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Leonard <paranoid@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 01/04/1995 06:58:06
I had an elisp function that runs an interpreter.  I pointed the
function at a bin that didn't exist, and emacs freaked.  After trying
to clean it up within emacs and failing, I tried everything I could
think of to kill it off (sending it SIGKILL didn't phase it) , but
found that nothing even dented it.  Even attached gdb to it and tried
'kill' that way with no success.  Is this a netbsd bug?  Here's all
the info I could think to scrounge up:
  UID   PID  PPID CPU PRI NI   VSZ  RSS WCHAN  STAT TT       TIME COMMAND
  401  7019     1   1  10  0  1272  148 ppwait D    p4-   0:10.20 emacs t.scm
  401  7168     1   0   4  0  1272   20 ttyout IEs+ p6    0:00.05 (emacs)

from gdb on 7168 from above:
(kgdb) bt
#0  0xf810bf39 in tsleep ()
#1  0xf810bf39 in tsleep ()
#2  0xf81070c5 in fork1 ()
#3  0xf8106cd4 in vfork ()
#4  0xf817b8c8 in syscall ()
#5  0xf810110f in Xsyscall ()
#6  0x5a2a1 in ?? ())

-
Brian Leonard			"...for every challenge could have paradise
paranoid@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu	 behind it" -- Blues Traveler