Subject: pccons.non-us-kbd updated
To: None <email@example.com>
From: Matthieu Herrb <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 12/22/1994 12:00:28
I've updated my patch to pccons.c that support non-us keyboard. For
now french, german and norvegian keyboards are included.
It's available from ftp.laas.fr:/pub/NetBSD/pccons.non-us-kbd.diff. I
also provide the resulting patched file in pccons.non-us.kbd.c.
1. Characters are displayed using the ISO-8859-1 encoding.
2. The 'AltGr' keymap is added to gain acces to national characters.
Key maps are not programmable at run-time. You'll need pcvt for that.
To use it, just replace pccons.c by the patched version, add 'option
FRENCH_KBD' (or GERMAN_KBD ou NORVEGIAN_KBD) to your kernel config
file, re-run config.new, make depend & make the new kernel, install it
To add your own map:
1. Choose an option name (for example ACME_KBD)
2. At the beginning of pcccons.c add ''|| defined(ACME_KBD)'' after
#if defined(FRENCH_KBD) to enable NONUS_KBD and DISPLAY_ISO8859
3. Look for 'XXXX Add tables' to see where to add your table. For
non-us keyboards the struct scan_def as one more field to hold the
Alt-GR map. Insert you definition of the scan_codes array between
a set of #ifdef ACME_KBD .. #endif.
4. Add 'option ACME_KBD' to your kernel config file and rebuild your