Subject: Re: Boot manager review request
To: VaX#n8 <vax@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu>
From: Mark P. Gooderum <mark@nirvana.good.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/16/1994 09:00:16
I've been very, very happy with bteasy.  It's small, it's simple, and
it works.

bteasy:
	-fits in the MBR block
	-gives a small menu (fkeys) of things to boot
	-times out in about 5 secs and boots the default
	-it saves the last selection and that is the default
	-handles multiple BIOS disks (the first disk gives you a
	 menu item for the 2nd disk, the 2nd disk then gives you it's
	 menu, so you can even default to booting from the 2nd disk assuming
	 you install it on both)
	-saves the original mbr
	-can restore the original or any other mbr
	-has worked for me compatibly with DOS, OS/2 2.1 and 3.0, and NetBSD
	 It even worked with OS/2's boot manager installed (install bteasy
	 first)

I think I found my copy at oak.oakland.edu.
--
Mark