Subject: Cross development tools for kernel build?
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/1994 15:21:25
I'm having trouble getting my Compaq ProSigma to run the GENERICAHA
kernel reliably enough to complete an install, and the way it dies
results in a repeated vm_fault panic which causes the first message to
scroll off the screen so I can't debug it.   Sigh.   So I want to
build a GENERICAHA kernel with DDB in order to find out why it's
crashing and potentially fix it.

Unfortunately, all I have to build on is a Sparc machine running SunOS
4.1.3.   Is there a way to build the compiler and linker so that they
can cross-compile on the Sparc?

			       _MelloN_

--
Ted Lemon		      Wells Fargo Bank, Information Protection Division
mellon@ipd.wellsfargo.com					+1 415 477 5045