Subject: Re: Bounce buffers for ISA dma
To: Ken Hornstein <kenh@entropic.com>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/1994 04:43:38
>Hmm, I didn't know they did it that way.  I suppose you could #ifdef it (which
>you'll probably need to do anyway, since you'll want to enable it by a config
>option anyway), but it would be a tad ugly.

Why make it an option? If the drivers themselves do the bounce, they
know if they need to or not.  If no bounce is needed, it's just one
more if statement.

>You could replace the code in this with something that would copy the segment
>to another in lower memory, replace the memory address in sg->seg_addr, and
>mark it somewhere else.  When the transfer is done, you could change aha_done
>to copy it back (probably around line 833).

That's what I was thinking as well.

>Ok, so who wants to do it? :-)

The problem is, unless I want to compile on a slow machine and copy a
kernel around on a floppy, I can't do it easily.  I can test anything
written though once I buy more memory.  ;)

--Michael

--
Michael Graff <explorer@vorpal.com>       NetBSD is the way to go!
PGP key on a key-server near you!         Rayshade the world!