Subject: Re: package tools, a bunch of packages
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@novatel.ca>
From: Volker A. Brandt <volker@iam.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/28/1994 17:42:22
[Due to mail problems, I missed the beginning of this discussion]

> John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>  wrote:
>  > I got fed up at the lack of package tools, and snatched the FreeBSD ones
>  > and then wacked on them substantially to beat them into better shape.

Great, where can I get them? :-)

> I think this is a great idea... I can't provide the ftp site given that
> we have 'peasant' access to the net, but I'd like to add that some of the
> other ports might want to do packages of their own.

If there were a "package" coordinator for each port, I think that we should be
able to build quite a collection ... I have built a few things [emacs, gnuplot,
perl5, gnumake, etc.] that I could contribute.  I am sure there are lots of
others out there in a similar position.

Germany held hostage: Four more years?			Volker A. Brandt
Internet: volker@iam.uni-bonn.de			Angewandte Mathematik
Phone/FAX: +49 228 63 36 84				(Bonn, Germany)