Subject: Re: Compaq Aero 4/25 Floppy ?
To: None <mycroft@gnu.ai.mit.edu>
From: Peter Galbavy <peter@wonderland.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/22/1994 10:52:37
>    I just bought an Aero 4/25 (sounds like a chocolate bar here in
>    the UK) and 1.0 reports "unknown density" for the floppy drive then
>    panics when it can't ount root (suprised ?)
>
> This means either:
>
> 1) The drive isn't configured in the BIOS, so the kernel doesn't know
> what size it is.
>
> 2) The type field for the drive is `weird'.  In this case it would print
> out `fdcN: drive M: unknown device type 0xL0' (where N, M, and L are
> variable).

The second, but since I am in our new office building and the Aero
(being a porttable :) is in the old office I can't test for you.
I only remember seeing the "density unknown" message though.

The one NetBSD/i386 system we run is one of the core routers, so
I am reluctant to start compiling too much on it just yet. Anyone
got a fast system I can borrow an ID on out there... I'll swap you
for a login on Wonderland.

Regards
--
Peter Galbavy					work: peter@demon.net