Subject: Better com driver?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@euterpe.owl.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/14/1994 18:28:18
Is anybody working on (or already did) improving com.c ?
It works quite reliable for me on my box at work, which has fifo-chips.
Only a few silo overflows under heavy load, nothing serious. But it doesnt
work acceptable on this notebook - no fifo's and no chance to change
the chips.

I know the hardware is broken (I've written both OS-9/68000 serial drivers
for Motorola chips and DOS interrupt handlers for 16450, I can tell
the difference).

Any chances? Hints, Ideas, diff's are welcome...

Martin

--
'Why, you could subvert that with trained flocks of eagles carrying CDs!'
		-- Andrew Molitor about a new firewall-product