Subject: NetBSD-1.0: uucp, cu
To: None <port-i386@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@zen.void.oz.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/11/1994 00:40:01
Is anyone else having a problem with uucp under 1.0?

I can dial into this system ok as a user,  and using kermit I can
dial out ok... But cu and uucico fail once carrier is asserted.

I get something like the following which is edited from a log produced
20 seconds ago from a successful connection from this same system
running 0.9a (Feb12).  The actual 1.0  log is on a disk which is off
line while 0.9a is running.

root:898$ cu -x chat taureau
cu: fcsend: Writing "ATE0L2F5\r"
cu: icexpect: Looking for 2 "OK"
cu: icexpect: Got "\r\nOK" (found it)
cu: fcsend: Writing sleep "ATDT" \D "5555555\r"
cu: icexpect: Looking for 7 "CONNECT"
cu: icexpect: Got "\r\n\000\r\r\nCONNECT" (found it)

cu: caught hangup

I even tried that exact same (0.9a) binary which worked just 20 seconds
ago, under 1.0 and got the hangup straight after CONNECT is matched.

/etc/ttys has local and rtscts defined for the port.

any ideas?

Please reply directly as I've only just fired off a subscription to
this list and it will not be served imediately....

--sjg