Subject: Wine941017 works for me now (gcc-2.6.0 is the trick!)
To: None <katsura@prc.tsukuba.ac.jp, port-i386@netbsd.org, christos@deshaw.com,>
From: John Kohl <jtk@kolvir.blrc.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/27/1994 20:58:30
I'm glad to say that I actually got WINE to run winmine.exe (minesweeper) on my
NetBSD-1.0/i386 system tonight!

I picked up the gcc-2.6.0 distribution from prep.ai.mit.edu, had to
tweak its, stddef.h a bit, and built/installed it.  I then recompiled
all of wine-941017 (without any patches!) with "make CC=gcc-2.6.0"
(except for a manual "cd if1632/; gmake call.o" to get call.s to
assemble into call.o) and it worked.

sol.exe doesn't work too well--the cards are not drawn in quite the
right placea and the bitmaps aren't all correct.  [My X server is
XFree86-3.1 for Mach32].  I don't know for sure what's up, but this is a
far sight better than any previous efforts I've made!

However, I did get a trap into ddb (can't tell what, because my X server
didn't get out of the way) when exiting one wine app--I think it was the
calc.exe.

==John