Subject: Mosaic/Motif/NetBSD 1.0_BETA
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Natasha Petry <jfk@eniac.seas.upenn.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 10/11/1994 13:43:37
Hello all,

  This is probably an FAQ, but I couldn't find the FAQ sheet to RTFM;)

What's the status of NCSA Mosaic availability for NetBSD/XFree86?  Has
anyone compiled it?  Is it available anywhere publically?  Are there alternative
GRAPHICAL browers available (yes, I prefer lynx too, but there are others who
prefer the graphical browsers;)?

On a wider front, for those people who have compiled Mosaic - how is it you
have access to the object code (or even source) for the Motif libraries?)
More seriously, has anyone looked into the issue of making Motif publically
available for NetBSD/XFree?  What are the issues involved (is it just the issue
of licensing Motif from OSF [ie, issue of money] or is it more)?  Is there
anyone considering doing a Motif lookalike (perhaps even GNU?) for *BSD
systems?  Who would be willing to pay for Motif on their NetBSD machine
*tic* *grin*?

Btw, I'm running i386 port of NetBSD 1.0_BETA (Oct 2nd sources).

Cheers,
Jake