Subject: Wannabe NetBSD user
To: None <port-i386@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Karl Hakimian - staff <hakimian@eecs.wsu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 06/15/1994 15:52:41
I hope this is the right place to ask this, if not, please let me know
(gently) where I should go.

I would very much like to run NetBSD-i386 on my system at home, I have grabbed
the latest version and perused the docs.

The problem is the system I have is a Pentium PCI system. The docs do not say
it will or won't run on such a system. They do imply that the only thing it
will run on is a [34]86 ISA (or ESIA) bus system.

Should I give it up now? Is someone working on a port?

If there is hope for setting up such a system, where would I find docs to get
me going?

The system is a Gateway and as the on-board IDA (I also have a PCI SCSI
controller Adaptec 2940?) and a DAT drive. I would like to be able to put SCSI
drives on it as well.

Thanks for your time.

--
Karl Hakimian