Subject: HP Jornada 620LX hangs when trying to use root fs
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Hernani Marques Madeira <hernani@vecirex.net>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 11/18/2006 23:28:23
--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

Hello ppl

I'm trying to bring up NetBSD v3.1 on a HP Joranda 620LX with an installati=
on
on a CF card, but the box hangs leaving the following information:

[snip]
=2E..
boot device: wd0
root on wd0a dumps on wd0b
root file system type: msdos
[/snip]

Shouldn't the file system type be ffs?

I searched already the archives w/o finding any helpful hints.

I've already set up a NetBSD/hpcarm box (HP Jornada 720) in a quite similar
way. I followed the well-known onlamp-article, too.

I've tried both, the binary packages with the GENERIC kernel from NetBSD's
FTP server and a cross-compliled distribution + kernel based upon recent (as
of 2 days) sources of NetBSD v3.1_PATCH.

Any ideas what could be the problem?

--=20
hernani

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG