Subject: Re: Ericsson MC16 (HP 360LX) endianness
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Adam Wysocki via ArcaBit <gophi@arcabit.pl>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/26/2006 17:36:00
26.07.06 christer@a-son.net wrote:

> Try the attached config, it works for me. Unfortunately it only
> supports serial console, so you won't see much if your serial port
> is broken.

I've opened my PC and suspect ADM560JRS (serial port driver) to be broken.
I'll try to replace it (it may be quite a challenge here in Poland to get
the new shiny working ADM560JRS, but I'll try).

> Do you have the correct cable? It is an ordinary null-modem serial
> cable but with a strange usb shaped connector.

Yes, pin 2 connects to pin 3 on the other end and vice-versa, so I suspect
it's a null-modem. I've measured voltage between 2-5 and 3-5 lines (RX-GND
and TX-GND) and both voltages measured at 0V, so I think the chip mentoined
above is broken (I've "activated" the port first by running a terminal, in
case it needed that).

I'll try to get myself a new chip in a few days and will let you know if
anything had changed.

Thanks again :)

--
[ Adam Wysocki :: www.chmurka.net :: +48 514 710 213 ]
[ Software Development Department, ArcaBit Sp. z o.o ]