Subject: Re: hpcboot for WinCE 2.00
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Marco Poli <poli@estadao.com.br>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 02/16/2006 17:48:32
Hello!

I have one the these old 620LX and I am having quite some trouble
booting it with this hpboot200.

I evetually boots a 3.0 kernel with a minimalistic miniroot, but the
kernel that ships with the 3.0 has serious hanging issues, especially
when programs dump lots of data to the screen. There a thread about
there somewhere else on this list.

I wasn't able to boot the kernel in -current at all, I tried about 40
times.

The most common error occurs quem the blue progress bar is all the way
through and when the screen blanks and the kernel messages should
appear, I get "Hewlett Packard Corporation 1997" in the center of the
black screen and some three lines of text on the lower left corner, that
come by so quickly I can hardly read. The system then returns to WinCE
as if the program had exited, not asking to recalibrate, what tells me
that the memory hasn't even been erased.

One other more rare error just writes something to the middle of the
screen so fast I can't tell even if the text makes sense and performs a
cold boot, showing that graphical HP cold-boot screen and asking to
recalibrate and time/date info.

I hope that helps, if you need some more information or tests, please
let me know.

Thank you.