Subject: Re: problem to install 3.0
To: None <port-hpcsh@NetBSD.org>
From: None <vnorrman@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 01/18/2006 11:39:03
> >> tar zxpvf BASE.TGZ >x 2>&1
> >>
> >> There is a lot of errors and I don't know why that happens. Normally
> those
> >> error messages occur at the same time when tar is extracting files.
> In
> >> the listing below the errors come first, however.
> >
> > Stupid question, are you sure the file is not corrupt?
>
> There's no cksum in miniroot. This looks more like tar is corrupt,
> because there was not any problem with gunzip. Did someone test that
> miniroot's tar is ok? Maybe a problem with crunchgen. Could be broken
> hardware aswell.

Miniroot's tar is ok. The problem was that the cf card in pcmcia slot did not
work correctly. I was trying to extract a tar file from pcmcia slot to cf slot
using miniroot, which did not work.

I copied the tar files to the msdos partition of the cf slot using wince. Then
I extracted tar files using just one cf card and everything worked ok.

Maybe netbsd's driver for the pcmcia slot has some problem.