Subject: Re: keyboard mapping in X
To: port-hpcsh list <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 09/21/2005 19:53:03
On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Michael Wileman wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:
>>
>> centericq is evil.  ISTR, it sets escape delay to zero, or
>> something equally stupid.  I had the same problem under xterm on an
>> i386.
>
> Should have mentioned this in my previous post but forgot: I tested
> in an xterm (using the same wm) on my i386 netbsd install, and it
> works fine.
>
> I agree centericq is seriously flaky, but is there an alternative
> text-mode IM client for netbsd that will work with yahoo messenger?

OK, finally managed to work out these problems. I compiled rxvt and
used it instead of xterm, and that resolved the keyboard problem.

There was still some weirdness with the message text not being
printed, and I finally realized it was because the window was not big
enough. I enlarged the window size (which required using a tiny font),
and now I get the same behavior on the Jornada as on my i386.

If anyone is interested I can upload the rxvt package to Torsten's
site.

Mike