Subject: Re: Console colors are too dark - fixed
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 09/06/2005 00:41:54
On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> I've just fixed that.  Turned out there were two bugs playing along:
> r/g/b positions within pixel where not passed correctly to rasops, and
> the endianness of the pixel accesses was not set correctly either.
> That resulted in bits messed up in such a way, that the "white" color
> was actually "#381830" - i.e. something in the very dark gray20 area.
>
> Committed to current.  I'll request pull-up to 3.0 after people have
> chance to test it on other hpc* ports.

This looks great. Thanks, Uwe. I switched back to the default colors
in the kernel config file from the ones that Nikos mailed out awhile
ago. White on black looks much better when looking at reverse video,
which apps like pine use for selecting.

I suggest keeping one of Nikos' lines in the config:
options   WS_KERNEL_COLATTR=WSATTR_HILIT

This makes the kernel messages at startup much more readable.

Mike