Subject: Using hpcboot with keyboard only
To: port-hpcsh list <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 09/05/2005 23:32:18
Whenever I do a hard boot, I always just hit "enter" and "esc" to get
through the calibration and setup screens rather than actually
calibrating. Then I restore the backup from CF using HP backup.

The only reason I have to do this is because I cannot find a way to
activate the "boot" button in hpcboot without the touchscreen. It's
possible to tab through the other selections using just the keyboard,
but the "boot" itself requires pressing the screen.

Is there a trick that allows you to use the keyboard for that? Then I
could go directly to hpcboot after a hard start without restoring or
going through the screen calibration.

Mike