Subject: Re: dhcpd.conf for nfs boot
To: port-hpcsh list <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 08/29/2005 20:09:50
On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 10:24:46 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:

> Thanks. Is your kernel also on the server, or do you use a local
> kernel and nfs root? Do you check nfs in hpcboot, or give it the local
> kernel and then tell it to mount root over nfs some other way. I'm a
> little hazy on the procedure here?

When you select "nfs" in hpcboot, it tells the kernel to get the root
from NFS.

That checkbox doesn't affect the way the hpcboot acquires the kernel
to boot.  hpcboot can get the kernel from CF, both FAT and UFS
partitions.  It cannot get the kernel via NFS.  OTOH, though it's
little known fact, hpcboot can also get the kernel via http ;)

SY, Uwe