Subject: Re: HP620LX
To: None <port-hpcsh@NetBSD.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/11/2005 16:23:28
On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 13:26:21 +0200, Christer Andersson wrote:

> > No, as I said, 620LX support has probably bit-rotted b/c we don't have
> > anyone actively testing/debugging it - even for trivial things.
> > E.g. while 680 has grown support for a lot of keymaps, 620LX still
> > only knows about Japenese.
>
> That's a shame. What would be a good starting point for testing
> hpcsh with a 620LX?  I have tried sporadically a couple of times to
> get my 620LX to run NetBSD, but never really succeeded.  I had
> problems for a while to get a file system to a CF, but finally got
> past that point.  As I remember, it never succesfully booted though,
> even if it got past hpcboot.
>
> Maybe this would be a good time to try again with two HP620LX owners
> on the list?

We need to start with hpcboot.  Apparently we need "Windows CE
Embedded Toolkit for Visual C++ 5.0" to compile new hpcboot for WinCE
2.0.  The former is not available from the Microsoft site.  It's
probably available on some old MSDN CDs.  The vc5 itself is of course
commerical, and EOL'ed.  But we should be able to compile with only
the SDK, the IDE is only realy used to generate the makefiles.

SY, Uwe