Subject: Re: Pkgsrc crosscompile
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: bill gacie <billgacie@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/07/2005 13:46:24
On 7/6/05, Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> wrote:

> OTOH, the whole point of Krister's work is to trick pkgsrc into
> working with what it thinks is a native target system, but to call
> cross environment instead and in general to run as much as possible on
> the host.  But as I said, I never really tried it.
>=20
> SY, Uwe

Thanks for your detailed answer Uwe.

Since there aren't chances for crosscompilation pkgsrc on faster
machines I again think about making ftp with binary packages collected
from others hpcsh users. I allready made some programs on my Jornada I
could share. So my idea is that we could:

- make one standard for compiling pkgsrc (pkgsrc branch, os version, flags =
etc.)
- find one stable ftp place for sharing packages=20
- make one or more persons responsible for maintaing this place=20
- make plans of sharing compilations to avoid unnecessary heating of jornad=
as :D

Anyone have some comments, others ideas or have some MB on a good
stable ftp server ?

#billgacie#