Subject: Re: Jornada 680 keyboard mapping
To: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
From: Michael Wileman <jwileman@panix.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 06/27/2005 17:59:03
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 16:25:39 -0400, Michael Wileman wrote:
>
>>> What's the version of hpcboot that you are using?
>>
>> I finally realized that my keyboard matches the "hungarian" setting
>> in hpcboot.
>
> I don't know where that "Hungarian" came from originally, but I
> recycled it for European.  I didn't have ability to recompile
> hpcboot at the time, so one had to use "Hungarian".

I guess that was the version they sold in all European countries where
they did not make a specialized keyboard. Mine was originally made for
the Dutch market. I occasionally type in French, but the extra
characters on my Dutch version do not include enough of the French
characters to make mapping the keys useful.

>> I am using the version of hpcboot from the current distribution.
>
> You mean from 2.x?  Current names it "European" already.

>> Is there a way to find out a version number in hpcboot?
>
> Do you have the task bar set to autohide?  The version number is
> written in the icon "button" in the task bar :).

I hadn't realized that. This is really weird. Both the version I
downloaded from the current snapshot on the releng site, and the
version I downloaded from the NetBSD 2.0 directory on the main site
are build 8. The version Nikos sent me is build 12. It sounds as if
the "current" binaries are not really the most current.

>> Actually, I have not need for those "international" characters. I
>> might try to remap alt-gr as alt, since I cannot use it anyway.
>
> keycode 184 = Alt_R KS_Multi_key

Excellent. Thanks!

Mike