Subject: Re: Jornada 680
To: None <port-hpcsh@NetBSD.org>
From: billgacie <billgacie@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 05/27/2005 20:39:29
Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

>>3.) I've bought 680 with AZERTY (FR) keyboard and windows, but I'd
>>like to use typical QWERTY. Can I just use us keyboard mapping and
>>stickers on keys?
>>

>Yes, you can.  But don't use US, use European.  US layout has fewer keys:
>
>    http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/netbsd/jornada/keyboard.html
>
>But please, can you test if "French" really works and matches what's
>written on the keyboard?

Sure, no problem but it might take some time.... ;-)

>I used mhzc(4) (a combo card with sm(4) for the ethernet).  I
>currently use an ne(4) clone.
>
>    ne0 at pcmcia0 function 0: <Dual Speed, 10/100 PC Card, 1.0,  >
>    nsphyter0 at ne0 phy 4: DP83815 10/100 media interface, rev. 3
>    nsphyter0: 10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, auto
>
>Getting a card that WinCE recognizes out of the box, or that at least
>has WinCE drivers for it is a good idea.  So I'd say - look for ne(4).

Anyone using 3com card ? I found many of them almost for free, but I'm
not sure what models are working with CE 2.11 I. Found this site
http://www.cewindows.net/peripherals/pccardethernet.htm. I'd like to
have a card without need to install driver (I guess each time I'm back
from netbsd ?). So anyone using let say 3com 3CXE589EC ? This 3com  site
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/result.jsp?selected=all&sort=effdt&sku=3CCE589ET&order=desc
doesn't list Jornada 680 as a supported CE platform. Could you guys tell
me what are yours cards exactly ?

One more questions from newbie:

1. Does xpdf works on jornada 680 ?

Thanks for all your replies.