Subject: Problems building pkg_install
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Graeme Cross <gjcross@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 04/07/2005 00:17:06
I am slowly getting my Jornada 680 running :)

From what I have read so far, there is no way to cross-compile hpcsh
packages on an x86 box using the pkgsrc tools, and that what I have to
do is compile them on the 680.

So I now have NetBSD/hpcsh 2.0 installed and have a wifi card running
so that I can NFS mount a /usr/pkgsrc/ directory from my x86 box and
build packages on the NFS mount (rather than trying to install pksrc
on the 680 and build on a CompactFlash card). This is where the fun
begins...

If I try to make a package, I get the following error:

    rogue# make fet=08ch
    =3D=3D=3D> Error: The package tools installed on this system are out of=
 date.
    =3D=3D=3D> The installed package tools are dated 2004/01/15 and you mus=
t update
    =3D=3D=3D> them to at least 2005/02/04 using the following command:
    =3D=3D=3D>=20
    =3D=3D=3D>    cd /nfs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install && /usr/bin/make clea=
&& /usr/bin/make install
    *** Error code 1

So I then follow the instructions but the configure process for
pkg_install breaks during the "make install" process with the
following error:

    configure: creating ./config.status
    config.status: creating Makefile
    config.status: creating nbcompat/config.h
    /usr/bin/awk -f nbcompat.awk nbcompat/config.h > nbcompat/nbconfig.h
    cc -DDEF_UMASK=3D0022
-I/nfs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libnbcompat -I. -I.  -O
-DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -c glob.c
    gcc: Internal error: Killed (program cc1)
    Please submit a full bug report.
    See <URL:http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/send-pr.html> for instructions.
    *** Error code 1
   =20
    Stop.
    make: stopped in /nfs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/libnbcompat
    *** Error code 1
   =20
    Stop.
    make: stopped in /nfs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install
    =3D=3D=3D>=20
    =3D=3D=3D> There was an error during the ``configure'' phase.
    =3D=3D=3D> Please investigate the following for more information:
    =3D=3D=3D>      * config.log
    =3D=3D=3D>      * /nfs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install/work/.work.log
    =3D=3D=3D>=20
    *** Error code 1
   =20
    Stop.
    make: stopped in /nfs/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install

I have checked the config.log and the .work.log file; neither have
obvious errors. The closest I can come to an issue is that there seems
to be problems getting the architecture:
                                  =20
    /bin/arch              =3D unknown  =20
    /usr/bin/arch -k       =3D unknown  =20
    /usr/convex/getsysinfo =3D unknown  =20
    hostinfo               =3D unknown  =20
    /bin/machine           =3D unknown  =20
    /usr/bin/oslevel       =3D unknown  =20
    /bin/universe          =3D unknown  =20
                                =20
Has anyone seen this problem before and can tell me how to get the
build working? Or at least point me in the direction of where to start
looking? Am I at least heading in the right direction by building the
packages via NFS?

Thanks
Graeme