Subject: Repeatable crashes
To: None <port-sh3@netbsd.org>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 03/06/2005 05:23:12
I left my Jornada running overnight (nfs root) several times, and each
morning I'd found that it rebooted.  Quick test shows that what kills
it is

    df -hil -t nokernfs,procfs,null,fdesc

in /etc/daily.  This command usually crashes the machine (it does not
even drop to ddb) from the frist attempt, though sometimes I have to
run it several times.  Christos suggested that a huge struct statvfs
sbuf in sys_statvfs1 may cause kernel stack overflow.  But attempts to
add debug printfs to sys_statvfs1 makes the bug disappear.

Any suggestions on how to debug it?  Do you see this on other sh3
ports?

SY, Uwe