Subject: Re: startx : Fatal server error: Can't set keyboard mode - follow-up
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Alain Robillard <arobillard@hotmail.com>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 12/19/2004 08:44:15
Hello,

XWindows finally work on my Jornada 680.  Many thanks to Valeriy who
suggested to recompile the kernel with the following options in the config
file :

options WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_PCVT # emulate some ioctls
options WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_SYSCONS # emulate some ioctls
options WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_USL # VT handling
options WSDISPLAY_COMPAT_RAWKBD # can get raw scancodes

So, after 2 days of compilation (Tools and Kernel) on my old pentium
machine, it finally worked.

I noticed that the config file for the kernel in the current branch contains
reference to :
hpcapm0    at mainbus0
apmdev0    at hpcapm0

Although they generate error in compilation is this the forecast of power
management implemented on the jornada ?

Thanks

Alain