Subject: Re: Segfault in libfontconfig
To: Matt Dainty <matt@bodgit-n-scarper.com>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 09/15/2004 02:24:17
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 23:08:03 +0100, Matt Dainty wrote:

> > I have filed port-sh3/26949 and committed a fix for it, revision 1.4
> > of libexec/ld.elf_so/arch/sh3/rtld_start.S
> >
> > I will request the pull-up to 2.0, but I really NEED YOUR HELP.  I
> > need someone to test this on the 2.0 branch (2.0 is at revision 1.3 of
> > that file, so pulling this fix up is trivial).  The 2.0 freeze is
> > already in effect, so I can't request the pull-up w/out a clean build
> > + boot test on at least one sh3 platform (well, in theory all pull-ups
> > should be tested like this, freeze or not :).  But I have absolutely
> > no time to do that, so I'd very much appreciate if someone can do the
> > test and drop me a mail.

Just to clarify, that "your" was a generic "your" ;), but thanks for
your quick response.

> What do I need to do? Just rebuild the whole tree again? Sadly I've
> not been masochistic enough to try it on the Jornada itself, but I
> can have the whole thing built in about 30 minutes or less on my
> i386 rig, if that's acceptable.

Oh, absolutely, crosscompilation is ok.  That's the way the final
release will be made by "the great build box", aka releng.netbsd.org
anyway.  I mean to try a native build some day, but the hassle
outweight the fun (my 100MHz JavaStation used to do a native build of
1.6 series in about 30 hours, but with gcc3 being slower then gcc2,
I'd estimate a native build would take about 2 days on Jornada).

Get a clean 2.0 tree, get the revision 1.4 of that file from the
trunk.  Do a fresh build.  Install (NFS is ok), boot, verify things
work.

PS: While there (same build/boot run is ok), you can also pull up to
2.0 and verify the fix for your 26863, which is in revision 1.42 of
sys/arch/hpcsh/conf/GENERIC.  I'll try to request it pulled up too.

Thanks!

SY, Uwe