Subject: Re: kloader in current
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 03/20/2004 18:37:32
[trimmed to sh3 ports only]

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 01:33:54 +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:

> > I'd like to hear if kloader in current works/doesn't work for you.  I
> > remember a short period of time that it worked for me on hpcsh, but
> > it's been dying with "TLB miss" for more than an year now.
>
> I use kloader on my dreamcast and it still works fine.
> I also use the attached patch since I thought -fstrict-aliasing
> optimization introduced on gcc3 might cause problems,
> but I have not confirmed yet if it really solves the problem.

I don't think that intermediate (void *) cast should matter (I tried
it out of desperation, but it didn't help, just as I expected).

Staring at the kloader_sh3_boot assembler I don't see anything wrong
with it.  Also, as I have found how to control Jornada LEDs I was able
to use them to confirm that the kloader_sh3_boot executes up to the
final jump to the kernel.  The very first instructions of the kernel
also tweak a LED and enter a long delay loop, but that doesn't happen
when I try to reboot.  The machine resets to WinCE reporting TLB miss
exeception (sometimes load, sometimes store).

SY, Uwe