Subject: Re: New hpcboot.exe - please test.
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org, port-hpcarm@netbsd.org,>
From: Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 02/28/2004 04:09:35
To clarify some points.

On Fri, Feb 27, 2004 at 07:51:07 +0300, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> I've uploaded new hpcboot.exe binaries to:

If you use another program to boot netbsd, you should continue doing so.

> . can be operated using only the keyboard, so that you can boot
>   NetBSD on units with broken touchscreen

The problem with keyboard navigation is that WinCE doesn't support
keyboard focus traversal through nested dialogs.  I've added a kludge
that provides some very minimalistic support for that.

On the "outer" level there are Boot and Cancel buttons and the tab
control.  When the focus is on one of the tabs you can

. use up/down arrows to switch tabs (this is standard windows behaviour)

. <TAB> will enter the selected tab

. pressing <TAB> further will cycle thorught the controls of the
  current tab, and will return back, out to the tab control when it's
  through (btw, <Shift>-<TAB> inside the tab will not ascend out of
  the tab and into the tab control, which I think I should fix).

. to "break out" from the tab control, press <Shift>+<TAB>, which will
  go to the "Cancel" button

Yeah, I know, this probably sucks UI-wise, but then you should never
let a kernel hacker anywhere near GUI design ;).

SY, Uwe