Subject: Installing NetBSD on HP Jornada 680 - newbie...
From: Jason Daivandy <JasonDD@gmx.de>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 05/21/2003 17:05:20
Dear list,

I want to use NetBSD on my Jornada 680, but since I'm new to the metier =
of mobile computing and unix-systems I have a couple of questions.
My desktop-computer is Celeron-533A using WinXP and WIN2k.

1. can a bad installation of NetBSD harm the Jornada 680?

(the following questions refer to the how-to at =
http://netbsd.triada.bg/Ports/hpcsh/howto-use.html)

2. how can I get my memory card (CF) DOS-formatted?
3. what happens to the win ce in the rom, since hpcboot.exe boots from =
the compact-flash-card?
4. is cross-building compulsory to get NetBSD installed and working on =
the Jornada 680?
5. if it is, is there any script than can handle all the compiling to =
get NetBSD ready?
6. what are thoes binary files?=20

I hope you can help me out a bit.

I've done some research on my own (browsing the mailing-list-archives, =
other boards and searching for how-tos), but I wanna be on the safe =
side, 'cos as a student you don't have enough money to replace your =
broken hardware ;-)

Thanks in advance!

Ciao,
Jason.