Subject: Re: status of port
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Vesa A Norrman <vnorrman@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 12/09/2002 12:44:14
On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Robert Solomon wrote:

> On Sun, 8 Dec 2002, Vesa A Norrman wrote:
>
> > I'm curious, what can you do with an usb adaptor?
> I was planning to partition and load the system onto the card
> from my desktop that way.

Oh, that's probably a good method for install.

> > For example tetris works fine but when the game is paused I get a
> > segmentation fault. There is no installation program. Installation
> > happens in miniroot.
> What is miniroot?

Miniroot is a small filesystem (4 MB) living inside kernel that has
necessary tools for install.

> > > 3) Is US keyboard supported?
> >
> > No. The international keymap seems to work but it lacks some very
> > important keys. I would like to create US keymap but I don't know how to
> > create keymaps.
> I have an idea how to do this, but I'll need to learn the port
> first... What important keys are lacking? / and | ???

In particular / is missing. I managed to run a few commands in the root
directory by replacing / with `pwd` but that was pretty stupid...

> > > 4) Can I do development on the Jornada?  (I run Slack on my
> > > desktop.)
> >
> > Why do you think it's not possible?
>
> I'm running Minix-SH on the the Jornada now.  It includes no
> source code and no dev. tools except shells and AWK.  Not enough
> to modify the keyboard driver.

I built the whole system from source code, which is available.
Vesa
--
                                    /`---*\
                                   = ^ o ^ =