Subject: Re: disklabel wince problem
To: None <port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Vesa A Norrman <vnorrman@cc.hut.fi>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 07/09/2002 20:53:17
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Valeriy E. Ushakov wrote:

> Mine is as follows.  It was originally partitioned/formatted on my
> laptop, the output below is also from the laptop.  One diff I can see
> immediately is partition 'c' ws 'd' for the "whole disk".  Your
> mentioning the dd(1) trick you had to do reinforces my suspicions.

Hello, thanks for suggestions, but did not yet make it work.
disklabel-program corrupts my partition table.
Perhaps not a wince problem at all...
I think for hpcsh raw partition is 'c' atleast
#define RAW_PART        2
is inside sys/arch/sh3/include/disklabel.h
also fdisk and disklabel say rwd0c.
Then again in 'c' and 'e' is NetBSD area and
'd' is MSDOS area in automatic disklabel... no idea...
dd(1) trick can help if partition size is coded inside MSDOS filesystem
and partition start place is not changeing.
Perhaps I make still few tests... would be interesting to know if anyone
makes his disklabel with a hpcsh machine.
Vesa
--
                                    /`---'\
                                   = ^ o ^ =