Subject: Re: palm-sized hardware for mobile project
To: None <port-hpcarm@netbsd.org, port-hpcmips@netbsd.org, port-hpcsh@netbsd.org>
From: Gopi D Flaherty <gf2e+@andrew.cmu.edu>
List: port-hpcsh
Date: 08/21/2001 00:15:59
Excerpts from mail: 21-Aug-101 Re: palm-sized hardware for.. by Brett
Lymn@baesystems.co
> Ah - I have actually seen a linux port running on a compaq ipaq 3650
> (I think it was, it was a colour ipaq).  It looked to have some sort
> of X server running on it, the handhelds site has info on that port.

Indeed, I have been running this port on my 3100-series (monochrome)
ipaq. It runs reasonably well. It doesn't like you swapping the PCMCIA
expansion sleeves and sometimes crashes when you do, but other than that
it's reasonably stable. You kill Wince totally from memory when you
install it.

gopi.