Subject: Re: cross compile help needed
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/09/2007 18:42:23
what I did:
serve pkgsrc tree via nfs from my intel server - not neccessary.
have compiler, make etc. on the mipsel machine,
install distcc from pkgsrc on the mipsel machine,
install distccd on the intel machine, have it point inside the tools
dir you have from the kernel compile, no vmware instance neccessary,
use the distcc switches in the pkgsrc on the mipsle machine each and
every time you compile a pkgsrc package.

Pro:
- configure etc. get to see the real thing,
- actual compile load goes to the intel box
- most packages allow for parrallel compile
Con:
- configure etc. still run on the mipsel machine, so kinda slow.

Can't remember where the pkgsrc switches for using distcc are
described, somewhere within the pkgsrc tree.
HTH, js