Subject: Installation problem/question
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Jason M. Donahue <jd@quantumfoamy.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/29/2007 08:17:14

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C7BA25.E6570F50

Hey all,

I'm in the process of trying to install NetBSD 3.1 on my MobilePro 880, =
and am running into difficulty once I get to the point where the =
installer wants to know where to find the rest of the installation files =
(specifically the contents of /hpcmips/binary/sets/). =20

FTP, HTTP and NFS don't work for me, since I don't have a wired NIC for =
this device, and can't find anywhere to input SSID or WEP key for WiFi.

Local drive isn't working either, since that's looking on the FFS =
partition of the CF card, which I can't write the files to (I don't =
currently have a running NetBSD or Linux box, and all the FFS solutions =
I've found for Windows are read-only).  I've set it up so the CF card =
has a 94 MB FAT16 partition, and left the binary files there, figuring I =
could use the "Unmounted fs" option to install, but I have no idea what =
the correct settings for this option are.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get this running?

Thanks in advance,

--Jason
------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C7BA25.E6570F50

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm in the process of trying to install =
NetBSD 3.1=20
on my MobilePro 880, and am running into difficulty once I get to the =
point=20
where the installer wants to know where to find the rest of the =
installation=20
files (specifically the contents of /hpcmips/binary/sets/).&nbsp; =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>FTP, HTTP and NFS don't work for me, =
since I don't=20
have a wired NIC for this device, and can't find anywhere to input SSID =
or WEP=20
key for WiFi.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Local drive isn't working either, since =
that's=20
looking on the FFS partition of the CF card, which I can't write the =
files to (I=20
don't currently have a running NetBSD or Linux box, and all the FFS =
solutions=20
I've found for Windows are read-only).&nbsp; I've set it up so the CF =
card has a=20
94 MB FAT16 partition, and left the binary files there, figuring I could =
use the=20
"Unmounted fs" option to install, but I have no idea what the correct =
settings=20
for this option are.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Does anyone have any suggestions as to =
how I can=20
get this running?</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><BR>Thanks in advance,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>--Jason</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01C7BA25.E6570F50--