Subject: Compaq 2010c ppp problem
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: matiasar@tournet.com.ar <matiasar@tournet.com.ar>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/16/2007 16:55:33
Hello!
I've installed netbsd in a compaq 2010c=2E As the only pcmcia slot is used=

with the CF I wanted to use ppp to heve network connection through the
serial port, but I'm having some troubles with that=2E

I boot with the serial port option enabled in the pbsdboot=2E
But when I try to start ppp with: /usr/sbin/pppd /dev/ttyTX00 nodetach &
produces a kernel panic=2E=2E=2E

I'd like to know if ttyTX00 referes to the serial port or I'm missing the
device name=2E
Is there any problem with the kernel that produces hpcmips no to support
that device=3F
Do you think that fixing that would be possible to a netbsd newbie like me=
=3F

Regards,=20
Mat=EDas

myhosting=2Ecom - Premium Microsoft=AE Windows=AE and Linux web and applic=
ation
hosting - http://link=2Emyhosting=2Ecom/myhosting