Subject: Re: Vadem Clio 1050 rom module replace with netbsd - making it truly embedded
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/11/2007 13:52:32
On 06/10 02:53 , Juergen Sell wrote:
> thanks to various replies I have become quite fond of running netbsd on my Clio.
> The next step might well be to replace the wince rom completely with netbsd.

I think once a long while ago, some Linux guys were talking about replacing
the ROM for an IBM z50 with a custom ROM that booted Linux. (Maybe it was
some other device, but I don't remember anymore). No idea whatever happened
to that project.

It's not a trivial operation. Certainly doable; but not trivial. There would
be a substantial expense involved, since the volume would be so low.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator