Subject: Re: Vadem Clio 1050 hardware and software support?
To: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/15/2007 15:30:06
On 2007-05-15 juergen.sell@gmail.com wrote:

> > You don't need an option; it should just be there.  Did you use the
> > C-1050 setting when booting?  What exact problem are you seeing?
>
> Oh, you mean selecting the framebuffer type in pbsdboot.exe? Yes, I
> set that to Vadem Clio 1050. For one I found multiple platforms in
> conf/VR41XX defned, but I did not know if I have to specify somehow
> which one to choose. Second I would like support for the close/open
> display-hinge switch to bind it to the suspend/resume mechanism if
> possibe.
> Other platforms seem to already have a lot of gpiu (?) pins
> mapped/defined (don't know the correct wording).

  The id is passed by the bootloader.  In the kernel config you can remove
what you don't want by commenting or deleting lines or using the "no"
config keyword if you want to shrink the kernel.  I think you find the pin
mappings by setting VRGIUDEBUG_CONF to 3 and defining
DUMP_GIU_LEVEL2_INTR, either in sys/arch/hpcmips/vr/vrgiu.c or in the
config file as:
options VRGIUDEBUG=3
options DUMP_GIU_LEVEL2_INTR

> >   It uses an Epson chip that is also found in an Arm core.  IIRC and last
> > time I checked (a couple of years ago) there was only a stub driver in an
> > arm port but no suspend support.  The datasheet is available from Epson.
>
> The linux port on mobilepro700 at sourceforge supposedly has this working.

  Clios are the only hpcmips machines that use Epson chips, although maybe
it doesn't need chip specific support for power off (or maybe it needs it
to usefully turn the power back on :) ).  My clios have damaged display
cables causing vertical lines that make text almost unreadable, so I don't
have a system set up right now and managed to avoid doing anything useful
when I was looking at it previously.

> >   IIRC, I used the windows key for a modifier and Ctl-Alt-N instead of
> > Ctrl-Alt-FnN since the keyboard seems unable to generate the Ctl-Alt-Fn
> > sequences.
>
> how do you define/set that for the text consoles?

  Oh, I looked at the keymap (in sys/dev/hpc/hpckbdkeymap.h) and it is the
Fn key for page up, etc.  The windows key is used by X to provide
additonal mouse buttions (hold win-N then click for button N, IIRC).

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@city-net.com