Subject: Re: Vadem Clio 1050 hardware and software support?
To: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@city-net.com>
From: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/15/2007 09:19:40
> > > [select VADEM_CLIO_C as the active platform?]
> You don't need an option; it should just be there.  Did you use the
> C-1050 setting when booting?  What exact problem are you seeing?

Oh, you mean selecting the framebuffer type in pbsdboot.exe? Yes, I
set that to Vadem Clio 1050. For one I found multiple platforms in
conf/VR41XX defned, but I did not know if I have to specify somehow
which one to choose. Second I would like support for the close/open
display-hinge switch to bind it to the suspend/resume mechanism if
possibe.
Other platforms seem to already have a lot of gpiu (?) pins
mapped/defined (don't know the correct wording).
Also I still do not know my way with the kbd-mapping, see 6): missing
Pageup=Fn-up

> > > 3)
> > > Upon suspend (with the power button) the display remains on thus
> > > consuming power?
> > > Is there any way to completely turn it off (and on again upon resume)?
>   It uses an Epson chip that is also found in an Arm core.  IIRC and last
> time I checked (a couple of years ago) there was only a stub driver in an
> arm port but no suspend support.  The datasheet is available from Epson.

The linux port on mobilepro700 at sourceforge supposedly has this working.

> > > 5)
> > > [Xhpc: digitizer orientation]
>   tpctl.

ok, will try to build again later.

> > > 6) how do I make the win key and the alt-modifiler key working? (under
> > > wince alt-up gives page-up etc.)
>   IIRC, I used the windows key for a modifier and Ctl-Alt-N instead of
> Ctrl-Alt-FnN since the keyboard seems unable to generate the Ctl-Alt-Fn
> sequences.

how do you define/set that for the text consoles?

>  It may have had trouble with some Ctl-Alt-N sequences too; at
> least screen 4 worked.

Confusing. I can switch between ttyE0-3 via Ctl-Alt-1 to 4 all right.

Thanks, Juergen