Subject: Vadem Clio 1050 hardware and software support?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/11/2007 14:28:08
Hi,
thanks to the replys to my previous post I got netbsd-4 daily build up
and running.
A couple of questions do remain though:

1)
 how does battery life under netbsd compare to wince?
To reduce write access to the CF card I did
- mount / and /home with the noatime option and
- reduced syslogging to a minimum.

2)
How can I read battery status?
Guessing from the manpages it seems envstat should do that but it
complains about no /dev/sysmon

3)
Upon suspend (with the power button) the display remains on thus
consuming power?
Is there any way to completely turn it off (and on again upon resume)?

4)
how can I attach some script (to fetch current date) upon resume?

5)
under X with Xhpc the digitizer orientation is rotated: moving the
stylus left-right moves the cursor up-down and vice versa. ( I run the
video reversed when starting from pbsdboot as white on black if that
matters) Is there an option to change the digitizer orientation?

6)
how do I make the win key and the alt-modifiler key working? (under
wince alt-up gives page-up etc.)

7)
which web browser is usable on hpcmips?
I found an old (netbsd-3) binary of links which works, but has no graphics.
Is there a more advanced browser working in the framebuffer or which
browser to use under X or other options?

Your help is appreciated, thank you. Juergen