Subject: vadem clio 1050 installer cannot find device to install onto
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Juergen Sell <juergen.sell@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/05/2007 18:05:41
Hi,
I have dug through the archives but cannot find an (easy) way to get
this working.
The vadem clio 1050 does run the netbsd 3.1 installer via pbsdboot, but
the installer cannot find the (other or same ) cf-card to install onto, nor
can the installer find the 3com pcmcia card to do a net install.

Since quite some people seem to have solved this with patched kernels
and other addditional hints: can someone please provide me with
working binaries or even an image of a working cf-card setup please?

In the end I want to run ssh and possibly a webbrowser (either in
framebuffer or X) that supports some javascript and graphics if
possible. Network access should run via an old 3com ethernet or a wlan
pcmcia card.

Thanks for all pointers.
If the soulution is  to compile myself, then please point me to a
feasible howto if that exists.

Thanks,