Subject: Re: Installing net-BSD hpcmips on compaq 2010C
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/03/2007 12:12:35
On 04/03 09:01 , Andy Ruhl wrote:
> I just use pico if I want something that resembles a "real" word
> processor. But that's rare, normally I just use vi.

at the risk of being off-topic...

I've written a couple of books using vim and LinuxDoc SGML (tho I need to
find a better markup language). word processors mostly just get in the way
of content, making you focus on formatting. the power, speed, and
reliability of vim makes editing text (the real content) much easier.

If necessary, the plain text can be imported into a word processor after
it's written. You'd be surprised how long you spend futzing with fonts and
column widths and paragraph placements... and it's better to do that all
afterward; so you're not fighting the word processor every step of the way
toward getting your content out.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator