Subject: Re: Installing net-BSD hpcmips on compaq 2010C
To: Matias Gut <matiasar@tournet.com.ar>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/03/2007 09:01:27
On 4/3/07, Matias Gut <matiasar@tournet.com.ar> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Finally I got the netBSD hpcmips working on compaq 2010C. Thanks for the
> help and advices!
>
> I got a CF reader and a net-BSD live CD in order to copy the sets to the
> UFS partition. That worked! X windows running too.
> Now It's time for me to know how to "customize" twm cos' I had never
> used before.
> Does anybody tried installing another light-weight window manager on
> this old handhelds?
> I like to do some wordprocessing with it. Which application would you
> suggest?

I've used blackbox with success. I know fluxbox works too. I think I
am currently using fluxbox.

Word processing might be difficult. I believe gtk1 apps will build,
but not gtk2. I might have some packages you can download depending on
what level of NetBSD you are on.

I just use pico if I want something that resembles a "real" word
processor. But that's rare, normally I just use vi.

Andy