Subject: Re: 3.1 can't selfhost??
To: der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/05/2007 06:59:38
On 3/4/07, der Mouse <mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca> wrote:
> Is 3.1 hpcmips known to self-host, in which case I should be digging
> locally to find out why it isn't working for me?  Or is this a real
> bug?
>
> I'm going to empty out DESTDIR and OBJDIR and try again, but I expect
> it to take another day and a half before I have any results.

There was another guy on the list doing pkgsrc builds (the whole
thing) on an NEC Mobilepro 780. I know it's not comparing apples to
apples, but it's proof that hpcmips can handle some compile load on
some machine.

I can give it a shot on my 880. What branch of source are you trying
to build? What commands are you using (did you build tools first,
etc)?

FYI, I built the entire current tree a few weeks ago on my Cobalt
Qube2. It's also mipsel. Might be some kind of machine problem
particular to your machine.

Andy