Subject: Re: NetBSD on Mobilepro 780
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/26/2007 12:39:51
> I select reboot the computer but it turns off instead.  I have to
> press the reset button to get the device on again.  Win CE then boots
> up.

I have a WorkPad z50 and experience very similar symptoms - there seems
to be no way to do an unattended reboot, or indeed any reboot without
going through wince's annoying "I'm going to be helpful and get in your
way" init screens.

Once I get the machine set up (which is mostly waiting on my getting a
larger microdrive right now) I'm going to see what I can do about this,
but it's likely to be kludges at best.  I might be able to arrange
unattended reboot, if nothing else....

Best would be to replace the ROM that holds wince, but I doubt that
will be trivial. :-)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign