Subject: Re: "couldn't determine symbol block size"
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/21/2007 09:48:00
> Sorry, nothing about your particular problem but one FWIW...

> I was unable to fit 3.0 (now 3.1) on a 340M microdrive without
> getting rid of stuff I wanted to keep (i.e. compiler, X environment).

I don't expect to fit 3.x on this microdrive.  That's one reason I set
it up for root on nfs.  I'm also looking for another, bigger,
microdrive, but I don't yet actually have it in hand.

Since I wrote that, I tried putting the previous contents back on the
microdrive (I made a copy of /dev/rwd1d using another machine) and I
find that that won't boot either; it fails with the same "warning popup
and then wedging" behaviour.

So either copying the data off the drive and back on again doesn't
preserve everything necessary, or something else broke coincidentally
(whether by my action or not is not clear at this point).  Hrrmpf.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign