Subject: Re: FS: IBM Workpad Z50 / memory expansion re-production run possibilities
To: None <port-hpcmips@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@rvs.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/22/2007 21:01:28
On 22.01.07, 11:08:59, Letcher Ross wrote:

> I think it's tier own fab, but I'll check at home tonight to be sure.
\

Kingston used to make z50 modules. I got one very cheap ($25) when
I bought my z50 about 5 years ago. Now I'm looking into getting my
batteries (one ormal, two double-capacity) reworked with new cells.

There's battery-refill.com, who will do it, for about $60 per pack,
which is quite a lot. When I got the z50 I bought two brand new
double-capacity batteries from a Canadian shop for CA$10 each,
which was dirt cheap.

I also read quite different stories about batteryrefill.com, and
one of my big packs is still good for 7 or 8 hours. (without WLAN
the double-cap pack holds for about 15 hours new.)

--
Bernd Sieker

My other computer runs NetBSD
		-- Allen Briggs